There are different types of tickets for Athens” means of transport:
- Integrated Ticket for all modes (Valid for 90 minutes): €1.40 and reduced €0.70,
- Single mode, single ride ticket (Only for buses, trolley-buses and tram): €1.20 and reduced €o.60,
- Daily ticket for all modes €4, no reduced available,
- Weekly ticket for all modes €14, no reduced available,
- Bus ticket for the airport €5, reduced €2.50,
- Metro ticket for the airport (good for all modes) €8, reduced €4, group ticket for 2 persons €14, group ticket for 3 persons €20.
- Integrated tickets are valid for 90 minutes for transportation and transfers on: city buses (excluding Airport and Saronida lines), trolley-buses, tram, metro (up to Koropi station), Suburban Railway (only sections Pireus – Liosia and Magoula – Koropi)
- Reduced tickets are available for: Children aged 7-12, Seniors over the age of 65, Students up to the age of 25 with a Student Card – University ID card
- Tickets can be purchased (CASH only) from: Metro, Tram, Suburban railway stations, Yellow and blue booths (at bus lines starting points) and many newsstands/kiosks
- Daily and Weekly tickets are valid for transportation and tranfers on: city buses (excluding Airport and Saronida lines), trolley-buses, tram, metro (up to Koropi station), Suburban Railway (only sections Pireus – Liosia and Magoula – Koropi)
-Children under the age of 6 and disabled persons can travel free of charge. If you are disabled, confirm this with station personnel/drivers.
- The penalty for not validating a ticket is €84 and you will often be asked to pay immediately so be sure to validate your ticket in the brightly colored machines before entering ticket control areas.
- For buses (excluding Airport and Saronida lines), trolley-buses and tram €2o, reduced €10,
- For all means of transport (buses, trolley-buses, tram, metro up to Koropi station, suburban railway for Magoula-Koropi section) €45 and reduced €23,
- For all means of transport including metro to the airport €140.
- For suburban railway cards, view Suburban railway fares
Monthly cards are valid for one calendar month. They can be purchased during the first 7-10 days of each month at Metro stations, Suburban railway stations and many bus ticket booths. To issue a card for the first time you need to bring your ID/passport and also one passport photo. In case you want a reduced price card the appropriate document is essential (e.g. University card).
Go back to Ahens transport in english